Gunners ace in off-field trouble … again
JACK WILSHERE is facing a dressing down from Arsene Wenger after testing his manager’s patience with his off-field antics again.
The 24-year-old was involved in an altercation between two groups of men outside a London nightclub, having also been booted out of the nightspot, in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The Arsenal and England star wasn’t in breach of any club rules by being out but Wenger is sure to be frustrated by his latest misdemeanour.
The Gunners boss said last year that the talented but injury-plagued midfielder needs to “master his life” so he is likely to take a dim view of Wilshere’s latest brush with controversy.
It will be interesting to see just how hard he does come down on Wilshere after this, the latest in a long list of off-field incidents involving him.
No-one is suggesting Wilshere doesn’t go out and enjoy himself – and it’s true footballers are easy targets – but he’s no longer a naive teenager. He’s been around long enough to know not to put himself in potentially controversial situations.
Some of Wilshere’s past misdemeanours:
– Received a police warning for spitting on a Tottenham-supporting taxi driver who refused to take him home because he was too drunk.
– In 2013 he was spotted outside a London nightclub holding a cigarette.
– Filmed urinating just off the pitch during an England training session.
– Just a year later, at a party following England’s World Cup exit, he was seen smoking in a swimming pool in Las Vegas.
– Last year Wilshere was pictured clutching a shisha pipe in a London nightclub.
– Turned the air blue with a series of expletive-laden chants taunting bitter rivals Tottenham after he grabbed the mic to address the thousands of Gunners’ fans who had gathered at the Emirates after their side’s FA Cup victory parade